Day trip

Saturday 25 June 2011

With the 'Design and the Modern Interior' exhibition at Pallant House Gallery about to draw to a close, we thought we'd better nip down to Chichester tout suite.  The exhibition, which brings together the furniture designs of Robin Day and textile designs of his wife Lucienne, was a complete joy to behold, with three rooms dedicated to a truly wonderful collection of fabrics by Lucienne, many of which were cunningly used as a backdrop to complement some of Robin Day's most iconic pieces of furniture.

Here's a little taster of beautiful, British, mid-century designing at its best .......




6 comments:

  1. I posted about this exhibit not long ago...and I'm green with envy that you got to go see it! But I did say in my post that I hoped some of our blogging friends across the Atlantic would get to go and would report to us. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm ecstatic looking at your photos. I think I'll take a second look...and a third.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title of your post, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am following because I like your chair attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the pic n.7 there's a poster of the 'Festival Of Britain'...check Mid Century Home on wednesday to know more it ;)

    Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks once again for all your comments.

    Tehri: We like to 'chare'!

    Mid2Mod: Next time you'll have to come with us!

    Makeminemidcentury: Haha - and thanks for following!

    Mid-Century Home: Well, you didn't disappoint. We really enjoyed your post about visiting London town!

    ReplyDelete

 

chairsmith All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger