Another day

Friday 15 April 2011

Not so much chairs today as books - well, a book.  And patterns.  Having stumbled across what looks like a super read - Robin and Lucienne Day:  Pioneers in Modern Design by Lesley Jackson - we were quite taken with the book's cover.  Obligatory images of chairs designed by Robin Day sit comfortably above Lucienne Day's Miscellany fabric which dates from 1952.  And because one pattern isn't enough, we've included another, also by Lucienne, entitled Fritillary dating from 1954 - the detail on both is just exquisite.

Images:  Stickers and Stuff

4 comments:

  1. oh my! I could die happy right now. colour pattern texture, my favourite things. & detail. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their work! I'm going to an exhibition of their stuff in Chichester in a couple of weeks time - can't wait x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post you have hear! I can use this design as my wallpaper in the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tractorgirl: It's difficult not to like Lucienne Day's designs - so glad you liked these ones!

    PARGY!: We're hoping to go to the Pallant House Gallery exhibition too - perhaps we'll see you there!

    dining tables: Wow, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

 

chairsmith All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger