FISKEBAREN

Friday 28 November 2014

Fiskebaren Fiskebaren Fiskebaren Fiskebaren Fiskebaren
photos via SPACE Copenhagen

I have a secret list of eateries I'd like to frequent on the off chance I happen to find myself in the right place at the right time. And FISKEBAREN, a gourmet fish restaurant located in the old meat packing district of Copenhagen - I'm thinking SMITHFIELD but with beautiful people - is somewhere I'd quite happily while away an evening should the opportunity ever arise.  I found this snippet in The New York Times giving directions to a nearby art gallery which sets the scene perfectly ... "enter the low-slung industrial complex called Kødbyens (literally, Meat City), stroll down the street called Slagterboderne (Butcher Stalls) … and amble across Flæsketorvet (Pork Square)".  And once you're through the door, well, what a treat.  All that black and white coupled with all that austere stainless steel.  And then there's the utilitarian nature of the tiling, the distressed woodwork, exposed plaster and those old hanging hooks.

I love the look and feel of this place so much I only wish I ate fish!

2 comments:

  1. I love it...especially the stools...and the irony that they only serve fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes Dana … I guess I'd have to settle for a cocktail!

      Delete

 

chairsmith All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger