edit #5

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Kitchen Wish List


I'm in the midst of sprucing up the kitchen … it's been an unworkable space for far too long and enough is enough.  I've decided to do away with all the wall cabinets to create an illusion of space and rearrange the existing base units to make for a more cohesive, fitted look. There's still lots to do - painting, faffing, tiling, procrastinating and so forth - and the end is nowhere in sight.  So what better time to waste time thinking about stuff I could buy (but won't buy) once the hard work is out of the way than now ...

The model 265 wall and ceiling lamp by Flos 'cause a girl can dream about directional lighting, right?
This chopping board from Plümo because marble, because hexagon
I like the functionality of this crate by Merci … stackable and foldable, I'm sure I'll be able to put it to good use
A little something from Hay … I'm thinking utensils from a fancy shop may improve my cooking experience and/or my actually cooking!
Because as objects go, this Hario pouring kettle ticks all the aesthetically pleasing boxes

4 comments:

  1. Love them all. Our house is for sale, so I'll be starting all over decorating soon...including building a kitchen in my new mother-in-law's suite. I'm thinking of buying all new stainless steel utensils and hanging them on hooks. No more cluttered drawers! This is a timely post for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always so busy Dana! I hope you have success with your house sale. I like the idea of a mother-in-law's suite - over here that type of arrangement is ofter referred to as a 'granny annex'. I think I prefer the US terminology!

      Delete
  2. I have several of these plastic boxes, however they come from my milkman :)

    ReplyDelete

 

chairsmith All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger