Finnish flair

Thursday 8 January 2015

carolinavd

What better way to kickstart the new year than with a selection of pictures from a girl after my own heart … I mean, look at all those chairs! Carolina's instragram account (@carolinavd) is a treasure trove of mid-century goodness which features, in part, her Finnish apartment.  From the lighting to the seating, the iconic classics sit happily alongside contemporary pieces from the likes of Hay, Muuto and Normann Copenhagen.  Carolina's natural flair for mixing things up is, in my opinion, only outdone by her ability to create a space that doesn't look too curated.

The same goes for Carolina's instagram feed, which also features snapshots of her trips abroad and visits to the family's summer house (think vintage ARTEK … everywhere).  And then there's the pictures of FINN JUHL's home and those taken at the ALVAR AALTO MUSEO.  And with a penchant for highlighting Finnish designers - I've spotted TAPIOVAARA and JUHA LEIVISKÄ as well as AALTO - Carolina's feed keeps the mid-century and Scandinavian modern part of me extremely happy.

And I haven't even mentioned Emma, the West Highland Terrier … for all you dog lovers out there!

Follow @carolinavd HERE

5 comments:

  1. Happy 2015 to ME! Many, Most, ALL of the things I love on one page. SO good. I love it here, R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla, great to see you here. I don't suppose you know anyone else with a thing for mid-century modern that I could feature … hint, hint!

      Delete
  2. How did I miss this?! I don't mean to be presumptuous, but if you are hinting about me, YES I WOULD BE HONORED!! If you are not talking about me, I will dry my tears and think hard about someone else for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a hard time containing myself, therefore I am going to attempt to email you... !!!

    ReplyDelete

 

chairsmith All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger