edit #4

Monday 12 January 2015

edit #4

EDIT : a place for objects that have caught my eye, ideas I'd like to explore, inspiration I'd like to capture …

I love this look by Studio Nicholson - in fact I've been swotting up on Nick Wakeman and her minimalist womenswear label and I'm sold
PCK wire chairs by Eames, yes please and thank you
Ib Kofod-Larsen's Kandidaten sofa - the craftsmanship, shape and materials … what more can I say
My fascination with peeling paint continues unabated … just look at the wonderful texture it creates
For no other reason than just liking this picture of an arrow
I'm smitten with the cherry wood structure of the Cesta table lamp designed by Miguel Mila in 1964

6 comments:

  1. Once again I am in total agreement with you, but this time about FASHION. You said before that you did not have much to say about it, but I believe you just might :) Love this look as it reminds me a lot of the way I style CdG which I have been wearing for so long I cannot remember. Definitely my manner of dress as well, right down to the shoes. Could we be related? xxC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to stop looking at that image since I stumbled across it. I don't know much about fashion, but I do know what I like when I see it. I suspect you spotted the Japanese influence?

      Delete
  2. Knowing what you like is the most important part - it goes to your personal style, which I believe cannot be taught. Huge Japanese influence here. I feel like so many designers have been trying it the past few years, but only a few are doing it well. This is definitely one of them. They also do a great job with the minimal aspect, which is even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Japanese influence passed me by. I mean, up until a few moments ago I'd been under the impression that Comme des Garçons - a label I had heard of but knew nothing about - was French! You most definitely trump me when it comes to fashion that's for sure! But that's all good … you've opened my eyes to new things, which you always seem to have a knack for doing!

      Delete
  3. No "trumping" here, lady! I love that we learn different things from each other, makes everything fun and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

 

chairsmith All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger