Noden Collective

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Noden Collective Noden Collective Noden Collective Noden Collective Noden Collective Noden Collective Noden Collective Noden Collective
photos via Noden Collective

Generally speaking I don't like to mix my woods, but today I'm making an exception.  I mean, what better way to tackle my 'mix and match' issues than with these striking images from NODEN, a vintage Scandinavian and European furniture dealer based in Singapore. This compilation I've put together contains pieces in teak, rosewood and oak - all equally delightful, all possessing the grace and good looks one would expect of designs by the likes of Børge Mogensen and Hans Wegner.

The unfussy nature of the styling allows each piece to speak for itself.  Whether it's the organic shapes, tactile curves or angular edges, the rich tones or pleasing patinas, it's the furniture that does the talking.  But if it's words you're after, NODEN is pretty good with these too … I just love this quote from their website:

"Vintage items can have a way of holding you to the ground.  When you think of how long (and how far) a vintage object has travelled … its presence seems all the more significant – its character alluringly full."

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, lets just say I would come close to KILL for a Wegner Sawbuck ... Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, and great furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, what a web site it is! This blog gives helpful information to us, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

 

chairsmith All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger